Departments and Roles
ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
- Planning and organizing all Council committee, stakeholder and client meetings.
- Providing secretarial services to all Council committees.
- Procurement of assets and efficient management.
- Transport and fleet management.
- Human resource planning, training and development.
- Implementation of external and internal Council policies
- Formulate and implement Council Policies
AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
- To Prepare Environmental and Mitigation Plans
- To monitor and implement Practices that reduce Land Degradation, Deforestation, Siltation, Stream bank Cultivation, Illegal encroachment, Veld Fire, Erosion, Overstocking, Alien Invasion
- Managing Stray Stock
- Problem Animal Control
- Resolve communal Land Dispute
- Regulation of Mining activities in the district.
Bee removal and consultancy
Horticulture produce for sale
FINANCE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Budgeting and Budget Control.
- Revenue Collection and debtor’s management.
- Expenditure and creditors management.
- Production of financial statements, financial records, final accounts and audit.
- To carry out income generating projects.
- To regulate the overall financial affairs of Council and its committees in accordance with the financial regulation of Council.
- To serve the Finance and Economic Development Committee
SOCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- To provide and maintain all social amenities such as clinics, schools, housing, recreational parks, libraries, market places, recreational facilities, crèches, maternity waiting homes, family and child welfare services and family planning.
- To plan, coordinate and implement water and sanitation programs in the district.
- To coordinate programs of non-governmental organizations.
- To plan and implement programs for the aged and create safety nets across the district.
- To coordinate programs of cross cutting issues such as Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) and HIV/AIDS.
- To provide and maintain all social amenities.
- To serve the Social Services Committee
- To plan, coordinate and Implement water hygiene and sanitation programs in the district
- To coordinate programs of non-governmental organizations
- To plan and implement programs for the aged
- Create safety nets across the district
- To coordinate programs of cross cutting issues such as gender equality and social inclusion
ROADS, PLANNING AND WORKS
- To plan for all developmental projects in the district
- To implement works for public safety through provision and maintenance of infrastructure (roads, bridges, dams, water supplies, water reticulation, sewerage reticulation and disposal)
- To repair and service Council vehicles, earth moving machinery.
- Management of solid waste.